This version of Access uses the new ribbon interface, and offers significant improvement to its database capability. You will learn how to use the basic features of Access 2010. This course incorporates a hands-on approach to learning. You will get a chance to practice some of the basic features right on a computer.
Access is the world’s premier database software.
You can use Access 2010 to create and edit databases -- just download a ready-made database template and start typing. It’s that easy. You can create a database of contacts, expenses, household and/or business inventory. In other words, if you have data, you can create a database of that data using Access.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Understand common database terms
• Open and close Access
• Create a blank database or a database from a template
• Understand the interface and the Ribbon tools
• Understand the Backstage View
• Use the Navigation Pane
• Work with database objects
• Sort and filter the view
• Create a blank table from a template, in Datasheet view, and Design View
• Use Lookup columns in a table
• Add information to a table
• Edit, delete and search records
• Perform common formatting tasks on forms
• Create reports using the Report Wizard
• Create Queries using the Wizard
• Understand Access file formats and save a database as another file format
• Email the database