1.DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
The CIB Service allows students to find courses that they are interested in taking. We reserve the right to refuse to provide the Service to any person for any reason and/or to discontinue the Service in whole or in part at any time, with or without prior notice.
2.ACCESSING THE SERVICE
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Service. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service and or material that we provide on the Service, in our sole discretion and without notice to you. We will not be liable if, for any reason, all or any part of the Service is unavailable at any time or for any period.
3.INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
You must not COPY, REPRODUCE, DISTRIBUTE, MODIFY, UPLOAD, POST, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS of, PUBLICLY DISPLAY, PUBLICLY PERFORM, REPUBLISH, DOWNLOAD, STORE or TRANSMIT any of the material on the Service, except as follows: (i) You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes; (ii) if we provide desktop, mobile or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by an applicable end user license agreement for such applications; and (iii) if we provide social media features at any time, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You may not: (i) use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text; or (ii) delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Service; or (iii) access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Service or any services or materials available through the Service.
CIB name, CIB logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans, are trademarks of CIB or its affiliates or licensors. You may not use such marks without the prior written permission of CIB. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on the Service are the trademarks of their respective owners.
4.YOUR OBLIGATIONS AND REPRESENTATIONS
Any User Submission that you post will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, to the extent permitted by law. By providing a User Submission, you grant CIB and its successors a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license with the right to sub-license, use, reproduce, modify, perform, publicly display, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material. You grant to CIB the right to use all User Submissions or any other materials or information (including, without limitation, ideas for new or improved products or services) you communicate to CIB by all means and in any media now known or hereafter developed. You also grant to CIB the right to use your name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto. You promise that you own or control all rights in and to the User Submissions and have the right to grant such license to us. You agree that you will have no claim or other recourse against the CIB for infringement of any proprietary right with respect to your User Submissions. You acknowledge and agree that you waive any moral (or similar) rights that you may have in any territory in respect of User Submissions, including but not limited to, the right to be attributed as the author of the User Submissions.
If you provide a User Submission to be published or displayed on public areas of the Service, or transmitted to other users of the Service or any third parties, you accept that your User Submissions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Service or any third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Submissions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Submissions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
User Submissions must be accurate and comply with all applicable laws in the country from which they are posted. You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Submissions you submit or contribute, and you, not CIB, have fully responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness. We are not responsible or liable to any third-party, for the content or accuracy of any User Submissions posted by you or any other user of the Website.
CIB will not tolerate violations of intellectual property rights on the Service. If you are a copyright owner and believe that any User Submission or other content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"). To provide Skillshare notice of an infringement, you must provide a written communication to the attention of "DMCA Infringement Notification Dept." care of firstname.lastname@example.org that sets forth the information specified by the DMCA (see http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap5.html#512 ). You may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) if you materially misrepresent that an activity is infringing your copyright.
The following terms apply to your use of the Service and any account that you may open or attempt to open via the Service:
- You must be 13 years or older to use the Service.
- You must be a human to open an account. Accounts registered by "bots" or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You must provide your legal full name, valid email address, zip code (where applicable), and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. CIB will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You agree not to upload any copyrighted, trademarked, or proprietary materials on the Service without the expressed permission of the owner.
- You agree to use the Service only for lawful purposes and agree to not use the Service in any way that will infringe upon the use or rights of any other user.
7.CONDUCT ON SERVICE
These Conduct on Service apply to all User Submissions and use of Interactive Services, if offered. User Submissions must in their entirety comply with all applicable local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you will not upload, share, post, or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any User Submission — including text, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information — that:
- Contains any material that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libellous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, obscene, indecent, offensive, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable
- Promotes sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- Infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any third-party
- Infringes the legal rights (including the right of publicity and privacy) of others or contain any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable laws
- Promotes any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act
- Causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person
- Impersonates any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization including any of our employees or representatives
- Involves commercial activities or sales or constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk email (also known as "spamming"), chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling
- Is likely to deceive or give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us, or any other person or entity
- Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party
You may not use your account to breach security of another account or attempt to gain unauthorized access to another network or server. Not all parts of the Service may be available to you or other authorized users of the Service. You shall not interfere with anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the Service. Users who violate systems or network security may incur criminal or civil liability.
You agree that we may at any time, and at our sole discretion, terminate your membership, account, or other affiliation with the Service without prior notice to you for violating any of the above provisions. In addition, you acknowledge that we will cooperate fully with investigations of violations of systems or network security at other sites, including cooperating with law enforcement authorities in investigating suspected criminal violations.
8.MONITORING AND ENFORCEMENT; TERMINATION
We have the right, but not the obligation, to review, screen or edit any User Submission. You accept that such Submissions do not reflect the views of CIB and are not endorsed by the CIB.
We have the right to: (a) remove or refuse to post any User Submissions for any reason; (b) take any action with respect to User Submissions that we deem necessary or appropriate; (c) disclose your identity or other information about you to any third-party who in our opinion reasonably claims that material posted by you infringes their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy; (d) take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Service; (e) terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Service.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with law enforcement authorities requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Service. We do not undertake to review material before it is posted on the Service, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
We reserve the right, at any time, to change any fees or charges for using any services provided on the Service (or to begin charging fees for any free service), provided that such changes will not apply to fees or charges paid prior to the time of the change.
10.CIB FREE Course
You may subscribe to our "CIB Free Course". You will have access to study some of our courses for one week. For any course you complete under this plan, if you choose to have a copy of your certificate, you will be able to download PDF version of its certificate when you make payment. The certificates are offered at a fee. We reserve the right to change the features of this plan, including but not limited to the courses available, the duration of the plan, and certificate fees. This plan is not renewable. Every user has a one-time offer to access the free plan. At the expiry of the free plan, you can upgrade to a premium plan to continue to access our courses. If you upgrade to a premium plan before or after your free plan expires,
11.CIB PREMIUM PLANS
You may subscribe to any of our "CIB Premium Plans". The applicable fee will be billed at the start of your premium subscription.
Payments are nonrefundable and there are no refunds or credits for partially used courses. Following any cancellation, however, you will continue to have the benefits of your CIB Premium Plan through the end of your current billing period. You will need to subscribe again to a premium plan if you want to complete one of our premium courses or to get the certificates for premium courses.
Because we take claims of copyright infringement seriously, we will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement where appropriate. If you believe any materials accessible on or from the Service infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access thereto) from the Service by submitting written notification to our Copyright Agent (designated below). In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) (“DMCA”), the written notice (the “DMCA Notice”) must include substantially the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature..
- Identification of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on the Service, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material you believe to be infringing, in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material.
- Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address).
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement that the information in the written notice is accurate.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Our designated Copyright Agent to receive DMCA Notices is:
Chicago Institute of Business
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements of Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA, your DMCA Notice may not be effective. Please be aware that if you knowingly misrepresent that material or activity on the Service is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and legal fees).
COUNTER-NOTIFICATION PROCEDURES. If you believe that material you posted on the Website was removed or access to it was disabled by mistake or misidentification, you may file a counter-notification with us (a “Counter-Notice”) by submitting written notification to our Copyright Agent (identified above). The Counter-Notice must include substantially the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature
- An identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access disabled
- Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address).
- A statement under penalty of perjury by you that you have a good faith belief that the material identified above was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled
- A statement that you will consent to local Federal District Court jurisdiction, or if overseas, to an appropriate judicial body
The DMCA allows us to restore the removed content if the party filing the original DMCA Notice does not file a court action against you within ten business days of receiving the copy of your Counter-Notice.
13.RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
The information presented on or through the Service is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not make any statements regarding the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. The Service includes content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users and third-party licensors. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third-party, for the content or accuracy of materials provided by any third parties.
15.SUBSCRIPTIONS AND OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
16.LINKS FROM THE SERVICE
If the Service contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any third-party websites linked to the Service, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such third-party websites.
17.LINKING TO THE SERVICE AND SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part (unless you have received the express written consent of CIB’s General Counsel). The Service may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on the Service
- Send e-mails or other communications with certain content or links to specific content on the Service
- Cause limited portions of content on the Service to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us, and solely with respect to the content they are displayed with, and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you
- Cause the Service or portions of them to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other site
- Link to any part of the Service other than the homepage
Your use of the service or items obtained through the service is at your own risk. the service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without any promises of any kind, either express or implied. Neither CIB nor any person associated with CIB makes any promise, warranty or representation with respect to the completeness, security, reliability, quality, accuracy or availability of the service. Without limiting the foregoing, neither CIB nor anyone associated with CIB promises, represents or warrants that the services or items obtained through the service or any portion thereof will be accurate, reliable, error-free or uninterrupted, that defects will be corrected, that the service or the server that makes them available are free of viruses or other harmful components, or that the service or items obtained through the service will otherwise meet your needs or expectations. CIB hereby disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to any warranties of merchantability, non-infringement and fitness for particular purpose.
19.LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
We accept liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our employees and agents. to the maximum extent permitted by law, in no event shall CIB, its licensors, employees, agents, officers or directors be liable to you or any third-party for any special, punitive, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, those resulting from loss of use, loss of data, or loss of profits, whether or not we have been advised of the possibility of such damages, and on any theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the use of the service or of any website referenced or linked to from our service. You will be responsible for all claims and damages resulting from the misuse of the service by you.
22.GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE
24.WAIVER AND AMENDMENT
Software, functionality, and/or features (collectively, “Service Functionality”), that may be available on or through the Service from time-to-time, are subject to United States Export Controls. No Service Functionality from the Service may be downloaded or exported (i) into (or to a resident of) Cuba, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other country which the United States has embargoed goods; or (ii) anyone on the United States Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the United States Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using any Service Functionality, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list. Although the Service may be accessible worldwide, we make no representation that materials on the Service are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal, is prohibited. Those who choose to access the Service from other locations do so at their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. Any offer for any product, service, and/or information made in connection with the Services is void where prohibited.
26.FUTURE BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS
As we continue to develop our business, we might undergo a change of ownership such as a merger and/or a sale of all or substantially all our stock or assets. In such transactions, user information generally is one of the transferred business assets, and by submitting any data or contributions (collectively, “Data”) to us, you agree that such Data may be transferred to such parties in these circumstances. However, any party purchasing our assets will be subject to an obligation to maintain the integrity of your personally identifiable information.
28.YOUR COMMENTS AND CONCERNS
The Service is operated by Chicago Institute of Business, LLC, an Illinois registered company in Chicago, Illinois, USA. If you have any questions, please contact us via email at admin@chicagoinstituteofbusiness.